Cyrus E. Dugger
Cyrus E. Dugger is the Principal of The Dugger Law Firm, PLLC. He has represented employees in employment discrimination and wage and hour litigation against numerous employers, including class and collective action litigation against major U.S. corporations and governmental entities (including Goldman Sachs & Co., The Kirby Company, Save-A-Lot, PricewaterhouseCoopers, the New York City Department of Education, and the Connecticut Department of Correction).
Prior to establishing The Dugger Law Firm, PLLC, Mr. Dugger was a Law Clerk to the Honorable Victoria A. Roberts in the Eastern District of Michigan, an Associate with Outten & Golden, LLP, a Staff Attorney with South Brooklyn Legal Services, and the first Senior Fellow in Civil Justice for the Drum Major Institute for Public Policy. He is also a Co-Chair of NELA/NY's Committee on Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion (“DEI”).
- J.D., New York University School of Law (Arthur Garfield Hays Fellow)
- B.A., Brown University
New York State, Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Practice at the New York City Commission on Human Rights, NELA/NY Spring Conference, May 11, 2018
- Moderator, New York's Paid Family Leave: What Lawyers Need to Know, New York City Bar Association, September 12, 2017
- On the Front Lines: Stories of Cutting-Edge Public Interest and Constitutional Litigation, American Constitution Society, NY Chapter, Dec. 11, 2012
- Introduction to Public Interest Careers, New York University School of Law, Public Interest Law Center, Nov. 1, 2010
- Leave as a Reasonable Accommodation, Cyrus E. Dugger, Employment Law Strategist, Jan. 2013
- Litigating Failure to Hire Discrimination Post-Dukes: The Surprisingly Gentle Touch of Walmart v. Dukes, Adam T. Klein & Cyrus E. Dugger, 2012 Annual Labor & Employment Law Conference
- What Can Lawyers Take With Them Other Than People: Departing Lawyers' Rights to Documents, Wayne N. Outten & Cyrus E. Dugger, Law Firm Partnership and Benefits Report, May 2012
- Rights Waiting for Change: Socio-Economic Rights in the New South Africa, Cyrus E. Dugger, Florida Journal of International Law, Apr. 2007